CALGARY – The Chevrolet Good Deeds Cup wants to inspire young Canadians to do good by transforming the positive values learned through hockey into Good Deeds within their communities. The goal of the program is to develop hockey players on and off the ice.
Over the past four years, thousands of hockey players across the country have been challenged to go out and perform Good Deeds in their communities. Teams have made an extraordinary impact, but the COVID-19 pandemic means that isn’t possible this season.
For the fifth year of the program, instead of asking teams to submit Good Deeds, Chevrolet is asking for them PITCH GOOD DEED IDEAS that will have a significant impact on their community. Every team that participates has the chance to become this year’s champion and win a $100,000 donation to the registered charity of their choice.
Not only do teams have the chance to become champions, but also to do additional good. Chevrolet will donate $50 to the Hockey Canada Foundation Assist Fund for each Good Deed idea submitted, donating up to $75,000 and helping more kids access Canada’s game.
To ensure the impact is felt far and wide, submissions will be open to U11, U13 and U15 minor hockey teams registered with Hockey Canada.
SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN AND ENTERING IS SIMPLE
- Ensure your hockey team is U11, U13 or U15 and registered with Hockey Canada.
- Be safe! Please follow all applicable COVID-19 guidelines for brainstorming and filming your Good Deed idea videos.
- Work with your team to brainstorm a Good Deed idea that can help your community.
- Good Deed examples:
- Donate $100,000 to your local humane society to help it rescue more animals.
- Donate $100,000 to your local hospital foundation so it can purchase more machines for their cardiac unit.
- Be creative! Find a Good Deed that is relevant to your community!
- Good Deed examples:
- Create a video (30-60 seconds) to pitch your Good Deed idea. The video should include:
- Team name and location (City/Town and province).
- Your Good Deed idea.
- Why the Good Deed would be meaningful to your community.
- Who is the registered charity of your choice to receive the $100,000 prize?
- Submit your Good Deed idea on Twitter using your hockey team’s Twitter account. Make sure you use the following tags:
CHEVROLET GOOD DEEDS CUP IMPORTANT DATES
December 20, 2020 – January 28, 2021 – Pitch your Good Deed idea
For more information on the Chevrolet Good Deeds Cup Program please visit chevroletgooddeedscup.ca