RED DEER – Hockey Alberta has updated its Return to Hockey Plan, with the following updates included in the OCTOBER 2 VERSION of the Return to Hockey Plan:
- In the Return to Hockey Programming section (Section 2): updated timelines and program options for all levels of hockey.
- In Protocols and Safety (Section 3): a new Game Considerations Checklist for host teams.
- In Communications (Section 4): an updated Hockey Alberta FAQ document.
- In On-Ice Officials (Section 7): updated information on clinics and assigning, and a link to the On-Ice Officials Return to Hockey Plan.
- Appendices have been removed (and relocated to the Hockey Alberta website) or renumbered.
The updated Return to Hockey Plan, and its appendices, can be accessed here:
The health and safety of all participants in the sport is of paramount importance in all activities outlined in the Return to Hockey Plan. The threats and challenges posed by COVID-19 require specific steps to be taken to allow hockey back on the ice, and this plan addresses those requirements.
The Return to Hockey Plan – including the timelines included within it – is subject to change, as new guidelines and requirements are put in place by the Government of Alberta.